About Me

My photo
Hello, I'm a technology geek looking to upgrade my programming skills. These are some of the things I'm learning along my journey.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Create Remote Links


In this post I will explain a technique for creating remote links on your web page. It's easy using jQuery to create these effects.

Finished Look


Click ((here)) for a demo of the finished remote link page.

First Step:
Create containers for the links and images to be manipulated with jQuery.
Example:

Second Step:
Arrange the container using CSS. Add the "overflow: hidden" property in this slide-show effect to keep the other images from showing.
Example:

Third Step:
Create a jQuery script to slide the divs containing the images up in the stacking order.
Example:


Click ((here)) for the project code.

No comments:

Post a Comment