About Me

My photo
Hello, I'm a technology geek looking to upgrade my programming skills. These are some of the things I'm learning along my journey.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Running a dotNet Website From a Sub-directory


You will probably get an error if you run an ASP.NET application in a sub-directory. The IIS settings on your host server must be configured first.

To do this on Godaddy:

Go to your "Hosting Control Center".
Hover over the "Content" tab and choose "IIS Management".
Click on the "Create" icon.
Type in the directory name you wish your ASP.NET application to run at.
Click on "Set Application Root" and click "OK".
Click on the "Pipeline" icon.
Select "Integrated Pipeline".
Click "OK"

It will take a least a few minutes for the changes to take effect. When they are done, the status will read "Setup" and you are ready to try out your new ASP.NET application.

No comments:

Post a Comment